GENERAL RULES 2020
Player : a term used to describe a player.
Duo : term used to refer to two players playing together in four-ball match play.
Team : A term used to refer to a set of players on a team.
Holder : the player listed on the team formation sheet.
Reserve : the player listed on the team formation sheet as a reserve player.
Home club : club responsible for the control of the federal card and the management of the Exact Handicap of a player
Game : between two teams
Match : between two players, and / or two duo composed of 2 players (4BBB) Pool : sub-division
2. General Principle
The Belgian Golf League is a golf championship reserved for Belgian clubs.
The clubs compete against each other throughout the season, like in other sports through their best players and promising young players.
3. Conditions of participation
CLUBS : The Belgian Golf League is a golf championship reserved for Belgian clubs. Each club can only register one team in the league (1 men, 1 ladies).
PLAYERS : Players must play for their home clubs
The championship is structured in a unique division for 2020. One division for men, one division for ladies.
5. General organisation
The competition is organized in accordance with the Rules of Golf established and approved by the R&A. The championship is played in direct confrontations. Each club faces once each other.
A confrontation between 2 clubs consists of two Single Match Play & one 4BBB for men and 2 Single Match Play for ladies; without stroke.
Courses designation & Schedule
The choice of the course is defined by a calendar before the start of the league.
Each Clubs host the league every other year.
Tee times are approximately between 08.00 & 11.30 AM.
Each team for a confrontation consists of 4 players for men & 2 players for ladies. Players must have an EGA handicap with a maximum of 12.4. Players are ranked in ascending order of the handicaps with departures every 10 minutes from the back tees. Handicaps are exact handicaps at the day of the confrontation.
2 lowest handicaps players will play in Single Match Play.
2 highest handicaps will play in 4BBB Match Play.
Players are aligned in ascending order of handicap.
Players are requested to communicate their results to the recording directly after the clashes.
– Situation if 3 players are playing (1 player missing) : The 4BBB is represented by only 1 player.
– Situation if 2 players are playing (2 players missing) : The 4BBB clash is compulsory.
If a player is missing, the match with no player is lost by default on the score of 4 up and 3 holes to play.
A Single Match Play or 4BBB counts for 1 match point. In case of a tie after 18 holes, there is no playoff : it is halved and each player or team is credited of 0,5 match point.
Men’s League :
At the end of the 2 singles & 4BBB, the game points are awarded for each contest between 2 teams:
• 3 points to the winning team (Team that won the most match points)
• 1point each in case of a tie
• 0 point to the losing team
Ladies League :
At the end of the 2 singles, the game points are awarded for each contest between 2 clubs:
• 3 points to the winning team (club that won the most match points)
• 1point each in case of a tie
• 0 point to the losing team.
The confrontation sheet must indicate:
- The result of the game
- The result of each match (match points, ups and downs).
After the confrontations
After the confrontations, teams are ranked according to the number of points. In case of a tie, the following criteria apply hierarchically:
1. The total number of match points.
2. The total number of ups.
3. The difference between the total of ups and the total of downs.
4. By lot.
At the end of the season, final confrontations for all teams are organised on a single course to determine the final ranking.
- Clubs ranked 1 and 2 will contest for the first and second places in the final ranking.
- Clubs ranked 3 and 4 will contest for the third and fourth places in the final ranking.
- And so on…
UPDATE : 25/07/2020